We get into the trim levels, specs and other features that make the 2011 Forester a prime crossover SUV for Massachusetts roads. Read on to be prepared when you visit your Boston Subaru dealer or your Subaru dealer in Worcester, MA for a Forester test drive.
The base trim, the 2.5X, features 16-inch steel wheels, cruise control, power accessories, AC, auto headlights, a trip computer and keyless entry. The 5 remaining trim levels deliver all of that, plus more:
- 2.5X Premium – 17-inch alloy wheels, sunroof, roof rails, 8-way power driver’s seat, Bluetooth, iPod integration & steering-wheel audio controls
- 2.5X Limited – All-Weather Package with heated mirrors, fronts seats & wipers, plus automated climate control, foglights & leather seats
- 2.5X Touring - Bi-xenon lights, dual-zone climate control, 1-touch folding seat & rearview camera
- 2.5XT Premium – Same as the 2.5X Premium, but with a bigger engine, hood scoop & roof spoiler
- 2.5XT Touring – The bigger engine as above, plus the 2.5X Touring’s extra amenities
The Limited and Touring trim levels also include touchscreen navigation.
So what powers the Forester? A 2.5L 4-cylinder engine with 170 horsepower for the 2.5X models, while a turbocharged 224-horsepower engine powers the 2.5XT Foresters.
Subaru’s world-renowned all-wheel drive is present in every 2011 Forester, yet this crossover SUV still delivers impressive gas mileage to go with its superb handling: 21/27 MPG for the 2.5X engine and 19/24 MPG for the turbocharged 2.5XT engine.
The 2011 Subaru Forester in Boston
There’s are two central reasons why so many drivers in Massachusetts and New England trust the Forester: it handles beautifully, and it’s safe. And the critics agree.
In their review, Edmunds noted that the Forester offers “one of the most comfortable rides in the segment,” and that its “crisp steering” and its all-wheel drive make it a “natural fit for poor weather.” New England winters just got a whole lot easier.
For extra peace of mind, the 2011 Forester features antilock brakes, brake assist, traction control and stability control – all standard. A bevy of airbags, including front and rear side-curtain, add even more reasons to relax.