Everything that makes the Legacy a best-selling New England car is back again – and this time, with some slick new features. The 2012 Subaru Legacy in Boston, MA is here, and it makes an ideal choice for Bay State commuters.
Read on to see what the new Legacy has to offer. We get into the features, performance specs and outlook for Boston drivers. But to experience the Legacy firsthand, drop by Cityside Subaru in Belmont or North End Subaru Mazda in Lunenburg.
Features & Trim Levels
- 2.5i – 16″ steel wheels, 6-way adjustable driver seat, cruise control, keyless entry, aux jack for audio & AC
- 2.5i Premium – 16″ alloy wheels, 10-way power adjust driver seat, leather-wrapped steering wheel & 6-speaker audio
- 2.5i Limited – 17″ alloy wheels, heated front seats, leather-trimmed upholstery, auto transmission standard, 9-speaker Harmon Kardon audio with satellite radio & dual-zone climate control
- 2.5GT Limited – 18″ alloy wheels with performance tires, leather-wrapped shifter, carbon fiber accent trim & moonroof
- 3.6R – 17″ alloys with all-season tires, bigger engine, plus most of the 2.5i’s features
- 3.6R Premium – Bigger engine, plus the 2.5i Premium’s features
- 3.6R Limited – Bigger engine, plus the 2.5GT Limited’s features
Comfort during the commute is one thing – but what about performance? There are three different engine choices for the 2012 Legacy, and each delivers solid quickness.
First, there’s the 170-horsepower 2.5L BOXER 4-cylinder engine – that gets you an impressive 23/31 MPG and is available on the 2.5i, 2.5i Premium and 2.5i Limited trims. Upgrade to the 2.5GT Limited trim for the 265 horsepower version of the 2.5L engine that still gets 18/25 MPG. And for even more power, choose a 3.6R trim for a 256-horsepower 3.6L 6-cylinder BOXER engine with 18/25 MPG.
The 2012 Legacy in Boston
Because every trim for the 2012 Legacy includes Subaru’s stellar symmetrical all-wheel drive, Boston driving is easier all year round.
The Subaru Legacy is legendary for being one of the best handling midsize sedans available – and the latest model continues that tradition. In any weather conditions, you can feel confident behind the wheel of your 2012 Legacy – whether you’re cruising a rainy Storrow Drive or a snowy Route 2.